Saturday, November 7, 2009

Temple fatigue

Okay, by about noon today I'd had enough temples for a while, and spent some time just drifting around downtown Kyoto. Then, this evening, I decided to see a movie. I'll spare you the story of how challenging it was to find out where the cinemas are and what's playing, and cut to the most interesting parts.

1: It cost me nearly $22 just for the ticket.

2: People who bought snacks got them served in deep trays shaped like exclamation points. The dot was a little deeper and fit in the cup holder at the end of the armrest; the stroke sat on top of the armrest. After the movie, people dutifully brought them back out to the lobby, where workers thanked them as they took them back and slotted them neatly into stacked tray holders on wheels.

Oh, the movie was This Is It, about Michael Jackson's almost-concert. Pretty interesting, I do admire him somewhat. Strange though to see a concert movie that featured no audience, though.

No comments: