Saturday, May 12, 2007

Return from hiatus

Well, it's been a couple of weeks now. In a nutshell, Brian arrived in Tokyo, we had a few days of all manner of Tokyo fun, and then jetted off to the Philippines for more experiences and whatnot (especially whatnot).

I'm now in Naga City. Brian's delayed in Manila for a little while after having his passport stolen -- and after reading my next entry, you may appreciate that an extra day in Manila is arguably a worse life event than losing one's passport. You have my sympathy, Brian!

And I've got some blogging to do. I'll catch you up gradually over the next few entries. Our basic itinerary in the Philippines was this:

1. El Nido, a diving-and-snorkelling village on the island of Palawan.
2. The Mountain Province of northern Luzon island, site of 2,000-year-old rice terraces.
3. Donsol, in the southeast of Luzon, where whale sharks gather at this time of year, along with tourists hoping to catch a glimpse of them up close.

Because of the way that transportation is organized in the Philippines, this meant arriving in Manila and then returning to Manila between every step. So that's where I'll start.

No comments: