Friday, June 8, 2007

getting away from it all...

Well, the Naga Experience is Over. The last several days were pretty hectic but our presentation seemed to go over okay, and our report is submitted. And I am now staying in lovely Aninuan, near Puerto Galera in Mindoro. For the next three days I intend to do as little as possible except prepare myself for the reverse culture shock of going back home. (Ah, I have a group of teen girls beside me giggling and reading my post as I type it. Almost as joyful for me as the kids playing shooting games beside me with the volume turned up to max. Maybe they will read this part and stop snooping.)

Anyway notable features of Aninuan include: the typical ensemble of pleasures and annoyances, though relatively few of the latter as it is not near the main tourist area: white sand, warm water, bananas and mangoes, as well as touts and hawkers, and oppressive heat from about 9 to 6, offset a little by the sea breeze. There's also the sound of the waves crashing on the shore which are audible from my bed pillow. Very nice.

But, back to food...

No comments: